Systems Engineer Designer Plano, TX
The Virtualization Engineer is responsible for designing, engineering, and troubleshooting the VMware Horizon environment at Company Financial Services.
- Design and engineer the VMware desktop operating environment
- Tuning and enhancing the performance of the VMware desktop operating environment
- Migration of existing VMware workloads from existing legacy environment to newer environments
- Installation, configuration and testing of high availability and disaster recovery solutions
- Working with application teams to assist in deploying virtual workloads as needed
- Provide environment data and capacity management as needed
- Coordinating with different application, vendor and technology teams
- Performing troubleshooting on servers managed by Design & Engineering
- Working with operations to update, build, and patch the environment as needed
- Provide Level-3 Support on escalated issues/problems
- Creating and maintaining documentation of the design and architecture of the environment
- Escalating issues to the TMCC Functional Manager
Virtualization Engineer who has experience with the different versions of VMware Horizon, as well as other products within the various VMware suites. Ideally the candidate will have experience working with Storage, Networking, and other operating systems. Someone who has a proven track record of delivering quality work at a high level and can perform their duties with minimal oversight.
Skill / Experience Requirements:
- Five or more years progressively responsible for the design and implementation of VMware Horizon farms
- Experience working with Horizon
- Knowledge of Windows technologies (AD, DNS, etc.)
- Knowledge of storage technology as it relates to virtualization
- Knowledge of network technology as it relates to virtualization
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of associates
- Ability to work independently, with strong organizational and flexibility skills in a team-oriented environment
- Must be willing to provide escalation support in a 7 X 24 environment
- Knowledge of Dell EMC VxRail
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with VMware
- Experience working with Hyper-V
- Experience working with MS SCCM and other System Center products
- Experience working with HP Openview Suite/Prod
- Experience working with the Service Now management platform.
- Experience working on data center migration projects.
- Experience working on application/platform migration projects.