Systems Portfolio Consultant
This Operations Lead will be brought on to oversee 3 major areas within our Insurance, Remarketing and Dealer Daily Services environment. This Lead will oversee the Problem Management, Incident Management and be vital to the Analytics of Problem and Incident trends. The selected candidate will also be hands on involved in Production Issues helping with SRTs and working closely with the Delivery Manager and Architects to coordinate the SRT and follow up activities through conclusion.
The team needs someone who can focus on Applications within Insurance, Remarketing and Dealer Daily Services and work with Infrastructure Operations and 3rdParty vendors to create solutions. In this role, a Lead should have a conceptual understanding and be able to communication affectively both ITIL and the SDLC. This Lead will be looked to in reporting, presenting and tracking data for upper management. Also this person will be expected to audit any documentation and be a part of the new application release process.
Some weekend or after hours work may be required based on production incidents.
- Problem Management: manage open problems to RCA; ensure that that identified problems are diagnosed, logged and escalated to appropriate management; maintain consistent quality and process standards; co-ordinate with application delivery managers on permanent fixes deployed to production for final problem closure.
- Drive implementation Problem Management processes; responsible for acting as an escalation point to expedite problem resolution; Ensures quality of Known Error record and the Knowledge Database; Coordinates with suppliers, contractors, 3rd parties, etc. on resolution; ensure timely problem resolution and contractual fulfillment and involves Supplier Management when necessary. 25%
- Major Incident Management: Coordinate with Service Desk, Application Support teams, and IT Service Management in the identification and response to Major Incidents; manage Major Incidents as Tier-3 support and escalation; ensure incidents are diagnosed and escalated to appropriate stakeholders, Service Desk, IT support staff, and customers to ensure accurate business communications are published throughout the Major Incident lifecycle. 20%
- Post Mortem Reviews: Chair Post Mortem Review meetings following Major Incidents; issue a written Post Mortem report to IT management; ensure Post Mortem actions are completed in a timely manner; log appropriate Problem Management tasks for completion to begin the problem management processes. 15%
- Trend Analysis: produce trends analysis of recurring Problems/Incidents - extract trends on Incident types, Customer types, key problem areas, business functions, hardware, etc.; hold regular meetings with IT support groups to review recurring Problems and press for final resolutions - or escalate; produce Escalation Reports on recurring issues and issues not being resolved. 15%
- Production Release Management: participation in Change Advisory Board for a weekly review of changes being entered into production. Final go/no-go voting member for all critical releases into production. Actively participate in CMDB updates in partnership with application owners to ensure all dependencies are outlined in the request for change.Active Participant in the ForwardSchedule of Change in the release windows and cycles across a portfolio; Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality; Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews; Periodically conduct release deliverables, documentation Run Books and Implementation Plans; Continually work towards making improvements in the release process; Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists. 15%
- Review/Reconcile Supplier Month End Results: Provide reviews and validation of TCS/Infosys and other 3rd party suppliers self reporting. Develop dashboard data and tower reporting and trend of incidents and problem tracking as well as counter-measure follow up. 10%
- This resource is needed to drive action and execute incidents and interactions efficiently in a timely manner while working in a consensus focused organization.
- Demonstrable customer management / service skills Experience of working within a busy first level service desk environment in a problem manager role
- Very good understanding and awareness of the ITIL Problem, Incident and Release management processes and procedures; ITIL Foundations certified; ITIL Service Operations certified. Conceptual knowledge of the SDLC process.
- Strong individual with the ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels. Desire to gain sound technical knowledge across the core supported applications
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills Ability to work non-standard hours when necessary (On Call Rotation) Ability to travel 15% of the time
- Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with Service Now Good organizational skills plus the ability to motivate people across the organization to provide solutions
- Decision maker with an operationally-focused outlook
- Previous experience working in a large organization
- Previous experience in Kepner-Tregoe
- Problem Solving and Decision Making methodologies
- KT certification a plus.
- Insurance Mainframe
- Stone Eagle
- Dealer Daily
- Dealer Passport
- DD - Residual Service, DD -Tax Service, DD - ACH Service
- 3rd Party Services
- Serve as back up for Sales and Product Operations