Collin, Texas | Contract
The Technical Lead role requires a strong application architecture and data architecture background. Understanding of infrastructure and integration architecture is a plus. Knowledge and experience in the Auto industry and the Accounting domain is preferred. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are critical to this role. Possible projects include: International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS 9) Solution Implementation
Examples of key activities include:
- Make recommendations and propose system solutions to meet business requirements.
- Design the data and technical system changes.
- Oversee development of data and technical changes, and validate and implement the data and technical changes provided by the vendor.
- Act as liaison with the vendors, development teams and business users to create and finalize end-to-end technical solutions.
- Supervise the creation of operation support manuals and help desk documentation for production systems.
- Update system documentation as changes/enhancements are deployed to ensure accuracy.
- Success in this role requires in-depth knowledge and hands-on technical skills, with strong leadership, development management and communication skills.The ability to work effectively within BTS, various vendors and business teams to develop solutions that meet technology standards and business needs is required.
- Development/Solution Management
- Ensure development activities are delivered with quality, are on-time and within budget
- Understand current and future BTS technical offerings, and identify appropriate fits or alignment for these offerings.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- Maintain focus on key strategic and/or project priorities despite conflicting demands.
- Serve as an agent for innovation not only for applications, but also for delivery issues and incidents.
- Understand business requirements for development activities
- Ensure business needs are clearly understood, documented and communicated.
- Leverage thorough understanding of business process and system processes to make recommendations and propose technical/non-technical solutions to meet business requirements
- Participate in business requirements gathering sessions with the business owners and key technical resources
- Own the technical solution by leading and participating in Develop/Design/Improve/Document Database Models/Design/Programs, Informatica jobs/programs, Unix/Autosys jobs/programs, and OTHER SPECIFIC DOMAIN SPECIFIC NEEDS
- Coordinate architecture and development walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that software solutions and designs accurately reflect and satisfy business needs.
- Ensure design and construction meet quality standards and that the testing and operational readiness tasks are conducted and produce quality results.
- Ensure that proactive, adaptive, corrective, and preventive changes conducted by outsourced service provider are functionally sound and consistent with business needs
- Ensure cross-team impacts and dependencies of production activities have been addressed by outsourced service provider