Plano, Texas | Contract
- The Technical Lead role requires a strong application architecture and data architecture background.
- Understanding of infrastructure and integration architecture is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in the Auto industry and the Accounting domain is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are critical to this role.
- Make recommendations and propose system solutions to meet business requirements.
- Design the data and technical system changes.
- Oversee development of data and technical changes, and validate and implement the data and technical changes provided by the vendor.
- Act as liaison with the vendors, development teams and business users to create and finalize end-to-end technical solutions.
- Supervise the creation of operation support manuals and helpdesk documentation for production systems.
- Update system documentation as changes/enhancements are deployed to ensure accuracy.
- Success in this role requires in-depth knowledge and hands-on technical skills, with strong leadership, development management and communication skills.The ability to work effectively within BTS, various vendors and business teams to develop solutions that meet technology standards and business needs is required.
- Development/Solution Management
- Ensure development activities are delivered with quality, are on-time and within budget
- Understand current and future BTS technical offerings, and identify appropriate fits or alignment for these offerings.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- Maintain focus on key strategic and/or project priorities despite conflicting demands.
- Serve as an agent for innovation not only for applications, but also for delivery issues and incidents.
- Understand business requirements for development activities
- Ensure business needs are clearly understood, documented and communicated.
- Leverage thorough understanding of business process and system processes to make recommendations and propose technical/non-technical solutions to meet business requirements
- Participate in business requirements gathering sessions with the business owners and key technical resources
- Own the technical solution by leading and participating in Develop/Design/Improve/Document Database Models/Design/Programs, Informatica jobs/programs, Unix/Autosys jobs/programs, and OTHER SPECIFIC DOMAIN SPECIFIC NEEDS
- Coordinate architecture and development walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that software solutions and designs accurately reflect and satisfy business needs.
- Ensure design and construction meet quality standards and that the testing and operational readiness tasks are conducted and produce quality results.
- Ensure that proactive, adaptive, corrective, and preventive changes conducted by outsourced service provider are functionally sound and consistent with business needs
- Ensure cross-team impacts and dependencies of production activities have been addressed by outsourced service provider
- Experience in architecture/design/development of desktop and web applications using Java, .NET, Oracle, SQL Server technologies
- Advanced Knowledge in web service/ETL integration architecture/design using tools like Informatica, TIBCO
- Experience in system/infrastructure architecture for applications
- Experience in evaluating business requirements and designing/developing solutions
- Experience in using software design/architecture documentation tools System architect, Visio etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing operational data store (ODS)
- Knowledge and adaptation of software configuration, change, release and service management processes
- Experience in working with cross functional application, technical and business teams
- Experience in working with 3rd party service providers (i.e. ASP, system integrators, consultants)
- Experience in creating technical work break down structure, release and implementation plans
- Experience or exposure to reporting tools like Business Objects, Crystal reports etc.
- Ability to research and document existing application architecture
- Ability to effectively facilitate and lead small to large group meetings
- Mastery of hosted, client/server and distributed applications, project life cycle, and the basics of technical operations (networks, data center, database, integration, and migration activities)
- has mastered, and understands common development models including waterfall and agile processes
- Mastery of unit testing, software change management, software release management
- Some Enterprise Architecture experience desired
- Understanding of Architecture frameworks (i.e., TOGAF, Zachman, FEAF)
- Architecture lifecycle development methodologies
- Performance Architecture including root cause analysis, problem management and performance tuning
- Experience implementing Federated Security models
- Understands Systems engineering techniques (i.e., portfolio analysis, analysis of alternatives, architecture modeling)
- Capable of performing Lifecycle cost analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio