Technical Service Representative - Coppell, TX
850 Freeport Parkway Suite 101 Coppell, TX 75019
- Provide technical support over the phone which includes but is not limited to:
(a) Networking video surveillance equipment, PC’ s and router connections, setup configurations, software implementation and troubleshooting
(b) Video surveillance system connections, setup and troubleshooting.
- Issue Service Repair Orders (RO) to customers needing to send product in for warranty and non-warranty repair.
- Logging daily call activity and problem resolution into the Customer Support database. Review log history to determine action needed to take to reduce future calls that can be corrected with product improvement, customer training, or other solutions.
- Recommend products based on customers application. Assist in system configurations.
- Provide non-technical information to customers regarding part number references, and information on specs, manuals, and other reference materials.
- Continually develop product knowledge through self-directed training on all products. Increase product awareness and proficiency in order to best assist customers.
- Develop ongoing, positive relationships with all business partners and customers
- Assist in the research and resolution of any problems that occur. Identify, investigate, and resolve technical issues from sales representative, installers and end users.
- Assist customers with a variety of product and service related issues in an effective and professional manner and demonstrate a high level of patience when interacting with customers of all experience levels.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of an associate degree or certification from an accredited college, university or similar.
- Two years experience in a technical support environment with direct customer contact
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills. Including strong networking knowledge
- Knowledge of video surveillance equipment products and their application a plus
- Demonstrate excellent communication and listening skills
- Requires exceptional analytical skills for root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Able to express logical, step-by-step instructions and trouble-shooting techniques when addressing the caller’ s technical issue.