Warehouse Associate Coppell, TX
850 Freeport Parkway Suite 101 Coppell, TX 75019
This position completes orders, packs and ships product to customers. This position also receives, stores, and distributes material, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
2. Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
3. Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
4. Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
5. File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
6. Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for employee traffic.
7. Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
8. Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
9. Open bales, crates and other containers.
10. Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
11. Assist in counting of physical inventory.
12. Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
13. May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
14. Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
15. Prepare parcels for mailing.
16. Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
17. Wear the proper safety equipment.
1. Communication Proficiency.
2. Organizational Skills.
3. Mathematical Skills.
4. Technical Capacity.
6. Time Management.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8: 00 a.m. to 4: 30 p.m. Overtime required when necessary.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
2. Use hand truck
3. Certified forklift operator or willing to train for certification.