Warehouse Receiving Expeditor - Coppell, TX
1110 Executive Drive Suite 100 Coppell, TX 75019
Receiving Expeditor - Coppell, TX
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Verify, investigate, and communicate all purchase order discrepancies to the specific vendor and/or buyer.
- Resolve all purchase order discrepancies upon identifying them with the specific vendor up to a specific dollar amount or percentage.
- Maintain the receiving queue within published standards.
- Collect, maintain and communicate all the information required for the Inbound Vendor Discrepancy Report. In addition, suggest ways to improve the rapport and the service level from our vendors.
- Work closely with inventory control, purchasing and accounts payable to clean up all open issues.
- Identify and communicate all proactive steps and/or ideas that would increase our receiving efficiency.
- Ensure that internal transfers are created and processed correctly in order to streamline our operation.
- Ensure that all debit memos are processed within our published standards.
- Audit a set amount of purchase orders from previous day’ s receipts to ensure compliance with our internal receiving procedures.
- Interact with other D. C. Receiving Expeditors, departments and management as need in order to immediately resolve issues as they are identified.
- Conduct, as necessary, searches to locate product within the system. Adjust records when there are discrepancies between actual product and records. Take steps to correct and prevent discrepancies.
- Ensure that all damaged and/or defective product is accounted for and properly handled by dumping, salvaging or putting in stock.
- Request all required POD’ s and packing slips from carriers and vendors.
- May assist in orienting and training other warehouse associates.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
- 3 or more years warehousing or similar experience.
- Certified to operate forklift.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to read and comprehend vendor’ s packing lists, bills of lading, etc.
- Basic math skills.
- Knowledge of computer software systems.